Some ideas for how to restructure your life during shutdown:
1. Accept that this is affecting you
2. Realize it affects our connection with others
3. Realize and accept it disrupts the structure and routines of our lives
4. Create a new structure
5. Include spiritual time daily – for example: read the Bible, listen to online services or devotions, talk to God or pray with or for others
6. Make time daily to connect with others
7. Do some type of physical exercise daily
8. Be careful with food choices (we have all heard of freshman15 – we don’t need covid19!)
9. Find a new routine and tell others about it
10. Stay informed but no more than an hour of news a day (15 minutes is good enough or less is best). Try some news free days in the new routine too!
We will get through this. We may have a new normal. But, remember this: God is on the throne, He is in control, and we can take solace in the fact that we have the hope of heaven.
If you are unsure of this, the Bible says to simply call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved.
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10.13
Let me know if any of the above helps or which one you will start applying today.
During these uncertain times, go…
Let others know of the hope you have within and how God will return:
*I don’t know who first said these things as they were forwarded on from a friend and then I tweaked them. I always try to give credit where credit is do so if you are the originator, well done, thank you, and do identify yourself so your name can be attached.
© 2020 be.the.church aclearberry all rights reserved