Have you ever heard someone say in response to ‘God bless you’ – ‘No, God bless you’?
I have even done it myself. But, the better response when someone says ‘God bless you’ is ‘And God bless you, too!’
God is in the business of blessing us and others. Don’t limit Him by the words you say. We all should desire God‘s blessing and seek to live a life pleasing to Him so He will bless. And how can we do that:
- By staying in The Word (Hebrews 4.12)
- Staying in community with others (Romans 12.5)
- Weekly church attendance (Hebrews 10.25)
- Small group study (Acts 2.42-47)
- Listening to worship music and engaging in worship time in a church service (Psalm 71.8)
- Taking constructive criticism well and applying it to be a better human (Proverbs 15.31-31)
- Letting “iron sharpen iron” (Proverbs 27.17)
- Living out the fruits of the spirit -Love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control (Galatians 5.22+23)
And the list can go on, but you get the point.
Be blessed, but more importantly be a blessing.
And you know what that means, you will…
Photo credit: congerdesign @ pixabay
© 2019 be.the.church aclearberry all rights reserved